Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Year of Jewelry Preparation

The next quarter of the Year of Jewelry project is going to be starting soon and I need to get ready!! Tonight, I started by making a list of techniques or styles that I would like to explore. I'm sure this will come in handy when I find my creative juices lacking. So, here's the list:
- Necklaces or bracelets using beads and C-Lon thread or cord
- Framed gemstone beads for pendants or earrings
- Multi-tier necklaces
- Chunky jewelry
- Gem embellished hoops
- gem charms/charm bracelet
- fringe earrings or pendant
- mixed metals
- handmade clasps
- mosaic pendants or earrings
- wire weaving
Well, I'd say that's a good start and may keep me moving even when I'm not 'feeling it'. My goal joining this time is to really work on defining my personal style and improving my techniques.

There's still one more major hurdle that I now I will need to take care of in order to meet my goal. I need to set up a photo 'studio'. We have a great camera, I have a light box, a tripod, lights, etc. I've just never taken the time to set it up and play with it for any length of time. I've got to admit, the ideal solution would be to take the pictures with my i-pad. How easy is that for uploading?! Well, if you've got any guidance on the easiest way to do the pictures, please send them my way, since I know that will be an obstacle to my timely posting.

No comments: