Thursday, March 22, 2012

Year of Jewelry: Week 1 (for me)

I'm excited and nervous all at once.  The first week of the Year of Jewerly 2012 has started for me.  For everyone else who joined up at the beginning of the year - it's the beginning of the second quarter.  I've decided that I'll be making a woven necklace with gemstones.  I've tried a few different things, but I'm still not quite satisfied, although I do feel like I understand the technique that I'll use and the materials (at least the C-Lon size that is appropriate!).

One of the things I have the most difficulty with is convincing myself that I don't need to buy any supplies to complete a project.  I have 10 different spools of C-Lon thread in different colors, but I've convinced myself of two things:  first, a color other than the ones I have would be better and second, that there is a weight of cord that is heaver than the thread and lighter than the C-Lon cord that I have (another 10 spools of different colors) that would really be better.  However, I am going to complete this week's project without buying anything!  It's almost inconceivable, but I know I can do it.

My goal is to complete my project tonight, so I can have the next couple of days to get my photography area worked out.  I have a light cube and a great camera, but that doesn't mean I know how to take great photos.  I'm sure two days should be enough to get at least decent photos - and then I can improve from there.  I'll be posting my project this weekend.  Yay!

No comments: